Monday, June 4, 2012

What's so funny about being Mexican?

While looking for an example of a funny Mexican election song this morning, I came across a funny post on yahoo:

"What is a Funny Mexican songs?" - Yahoo! Answers
answers.yahoo.com › ... › Music › Rap and Hip-Hop
4 answers - 23 May 2011

The top answer made me laugh out loud: "Being Mexican is funny enough, you don't need a song to go with it."

How true...

Yep. This incident inspired me to document some of the funny Mexicans that Jen & I have encountered here. It's such a big country, & so many Mexicans are funny in so many ways, that I'm pretty sure this will be the first in a long series... 

Here's the first batch... Enjoy!


1) The Mexican BMX biker


One day (it was the day we got Diablo), I rode Jen's bike back from the marina where we had left it. Her seat is much lower than mine, so I was a bit embarrassed, because I knew I looked like a bit of a fool.. or should I say, like one of the locals.








I saw these guys (which I assume are a man & his son) riding along one day & actually followed them just to get this photograph. Of course, it wasn't difficult as their top speed did not exceed 5 mph. Maybe you can't really tell, but I'm pretty sure the child was riding the larger bike!


2) The Mexican backpacker


It cracks me up that tiny (dare I say girly) knapsacks are so popular here, even among full-grown men. It's even funnier when the full-grown man looks like he might belong in a gang.


Needless to say, I took this picture as quickly & discreetly as possible.


3) Mexican T-shirt guys


I find it amusing that nearly every readable shirt you see a Mexican sporting is an English language T. (I've seen locals wearing T-shirts honoring everything from American bands to the US Marine Corps.) It's even funnier when the T-shirt doesn't entirely make sense...



I'm over 21... please?

   
Or when it's a patriotic Mexican T-shirt, in English. Here, for example, is a guy Jen & I met at a Mexican rodeo...




Did Pancho Villa even speak English?


4) The Mexican Pharmacy guy


This deserves its own post. No seriously. Click this link on Jen's blog. Trust me. It's hilarious...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...