Saturday, June 2, 2012

THIS is why we love Shopping in Cancun!

SO, yesterday, after visiting fun (& uber-touristy) Market 28, Jen & I headed to our local supermarket (Chedraui) to do some shopping. We made out like bandits, scoring 6 kaiser buns, a jumbo roll of paper towel, chicken legs, a dog brush, sewing needles, 3 cakes (on sale), a 1kg box of Puffitos cereal & the biggest grapefruit I've ever seen -- all for under $20!


The best part of the trip? Antillano & Karat were doing some in-store marketing & offering free samples. There's nothing unusual about that, right? Except that Antillano & Karat make...


Rum and Vodka!


Jen & I both had vodka & cran-apple (is that still called Killer Koolaid?)... And, of course, we asked one of our fellow revelers to take some pix.


It was like a little party, right there in the store! Too funny...


Btw, Karat vodka actually is quite amazing. I'm no vodka expert, but I'm told that good vodka shouldn't taste like vodka, & this stuff didn't: it had no "cheap vodka" taste to pollute the crisp, clean alcohol. Oh, and did I mention that a 1L bottle costs just 73 pesos? That's just over $5.


That was really a lot of fun.


But, hold on a tick... we weren't done yet! We turned another corner, & guess what? There was another friendly local (a guy this time) serving up mojitos!



Here we are drinking to Ernest Hemingway (he loved mojitos)... and drunken grocery shopping! Can't do that in Canada or the Good Ol' U. S. A. now can you? 


That's right...










Sorry, if I've offended anyone... I think I'm still a little tipsy :)







1 comment:

  1. Finally found your blog Jason. Very entertaining! Jen's also.

    Daren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...