Saturday, June 2, 2012

Domino's for Breakfast, Hostel Style

Jen & I eat a lot of pizza, mostly from the Domino's Pizza Centro just down the road.

Domino's Pizza Centro
(998)884 75 16
Av. Coba No. 43, Cancun Q.Roo 77500

























One morning last week found me debating whether to eat some leftover pizza for breakfast. Jen (who loves pizza, especially in the morning) definitely didn't want any. That may have had something to do with the fact that we forgot to cover it overnight & found dozens of tiny ants swarming all over it.


I wrote about these little rascals in an earlier post, here.


Actually, when I say "all over it," that's a bit misleading. In fact, interestingly, there weren't any on the top of the pizza. They were just running around the base. Here's my theory: like me, they were just so excited to happen upon a whole pizza, they couldn't stop eating crumbs long enough to bother climbing up the edges. Little did they know what they were missing: sweet cheesy saucy pepperoni Domino's goodness!


Seems ants love Domino's pizza too! And who can blame them?


Maybe not the best slogan, but still true :)


Anyway, this was about the 5th time we'd had Domino's in Cancun, maybe because there's a restaurant a 10-minute walk away (on Coba, at Yaxchilan). 


One thing Americans may find odd: they serve it with little packets of spicy salsa & little packets of ketchup! Who eats pizza with ketchup?






Then again, maybe I should try it. After all, the first time I saw the salsa, I'm pretty sure I laughed & said, "Who eats pizza with salsa!?" Well, now I do, & I have to say it's pretty tasty! Who knew? 


Update: 


After reading this post (according to which, ketchup is ~1/3 sugar)I decided not to eat any pizza with ketchup. Instead I've decided I'll just pour a cup of sugar on top of my pizza :P


Btw: I did eat the ant-infested pizza. And why not? Still tasted great, and if I ate an ant or two, so be it. Revenge is sweet.


Very, very sweet. 


In fact, when you've got ants, who needs ketchup!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...