Thursday, May 31, 2012

Our "Beers of the World" Poster... (Walmart Sucks)

When I moved into our hostel, I decided to hang some posters to give the place some life. I scooted over to Walmart, the only place I knew might have some.

The selection wasn't great. Of 30 options, half were Disney cartoons & the like. Still, I managed to find a few choices I thought Jen & I could live with.

I chose the Black Eyed Peas...



And Alice in Wonderland...




And Pirates of the Caribbean...




And, finally, a funny beer poster (for our bar area), with the caption: 'Life is Full of Difficult Decisions.'


   
When I got the posters home, I realized that Walmart had pulled a bait & switch. I chose posters based on the thumbnails in Walmart, and they didn't exactly match. My beer poster, in particular, turned out to be ridiculous. It says "Beers of the World"... and shows exactly 5 different beers, repeated over and over, like wallpaper:


The beers are:


Antarctica
- Brahma
Leinenkugel
- Michelob 
- Summer Draft


Leinenkugel & Michelob are from St Louis & Wisconsin. And Brahma & Antarctica & Summer Draft are all from Brazil!


This stupid poster should say "Beers of Two Countries" or "Beers of the Americas (Except Central America)". What a joke.


Anyway, I couldn't be bothered returning it.. what would I say? Como se dice "falso avertismo"? So it's still hanging in our room... taunting me...




Ok, I'm done ranting. I think I need a drink!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...