Friday, July 27, 2012

More Silly Spanish...

Yesterday Jen & I visited the beautiful Mayan Hotel Xbalamque (on Yaxchilan just north of the blue school, the first school in Cancun). 

We spent some time lounging by the pool, which is open to the public with the purchase of some food/drinks.

The pool was busier than I've ever seen it, mainly because July is high season here, with many Mexican families visiting Cancun for their summer holiday. Kids were splashing (and shooting other guests with water guns) and Jen was reading Spanish for Dummies.

At one point, she was studying Simple verb conjugations (I am, you are, etc). She remarked thay "soy" means "I am." I replied that, because of his nickname, my parents' dog Max would say, in Spanish, "soy 'Bean.'"

A bit later, she was contemplating a new Spanish word -- "retrasso" -- which means tardy (i think). I noted that it should be easy to remember, because only a retarded ass (excuse me for being politically incorrect) would be late.

Of course, I can't remember for sure how to spell the word or exactly what it means, proving that I am in fact a retrasso.

OK, gotta run. Gonna be late...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...