Wednesday, July 11, 2012

DIablo incident #11276 - poop in the park

So I took our puppy Diablo (whom I've started calling D) to the Parque de las Palapas recently. Actually we go every day, but we had a little incident recently...

Parque de las Palapas
The park is ringed with small vendor booths (hence the name palapas) & some trees. We wandered through the park toward the food stalls at the north-east corner. As we did, D stopped to poop. It was then that I realized I had forgotten something: bags! 

Crap.

I always always always take a couple of bags with me, except when I don't. Damn.

I seemed to have 2 options:

Option #1: I could ask for a bag at one of the food stalls, which would be more embarrassing but probably faster than option #2.

Option #2: I could hurry over to the stage, where there was always some paper &/or bags lying around. 

Keen to avoid unnecessary embarrassment, I opted for option #2, which, I decided, might not take any longer anyway. We hurried over, found a bag, & started walking back to the scene of the crime. As we approached the "drop zone," I noticed a family in the vicinity. I also noticed that the family included a young girl, who was hopping around on one foot while her father attended to her. That could only mean one thing.

I quickly changed course (that embarrassment principle at work again) and didn't look back, my mind churning with unanswered Qs.

Should I turn back? Apologize? Am I an evil person? Won't this make a great blog post!?

Really, joking aside, what could I possibly say, other than, "Hey kid, remember this lesson: life is crap, but you gotta look on the bright side. You stepped in poop, but it coulda been worse: he used to have worms!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...